Vaginal yeast infection is becoming the talk of Ladies group these days as three out of four women are now suffering from it. The main cause of this issue is microorganism candida Albicans. This organism is mainly present in the digestive area, vagina and eating regime without causing any harm. This organism causes yeast infection when pH level in the vagina varies generating healthy conditions for yeast to thrive. They will multiply rapidly under these favourable pH and results in suffering for women.
A most common symptom of Vaginal yeast infection is itching and it can be intense enough to make you look miserable in front of a huge crown and group of people. Itching leads to a redness which will spread throughout the vagina of woman and results in a burning sensation. This itching and burning sensation ultimately result in cheese like thick vaginal discharge due to vaginal yeast infection, giving women immense pain while having intercourse.
Causes for Vaginal Yeast Infection
Vaginal yeast infection may arise out of several physiological conditions;
- Medication is one of the most common reasons for alteration in pH. This medication can be informed of antibiotics, pregnancy control or any desired related vitamin. Hormonal imbalance in women is also a part of this problem.
- Excessive moisture near the vagina provides the beneficial condition for yeast to multiply resulting in infection and itching.
- This common form of yeast infection generally does not produce any serious health problems and can be controlled easily by maintaining clean and hygienic conditions. The panties should be thoroughly washed as the yeast survives in these undergarments and does not go away by normal washing. It is better to iron the panties or boil them in water adding detergent to destroy the yeast completely and also to prevent the chances of recurrence. Private Delhi based practitioner, Dr. Manjari Khanija, Ph.D. and Candida specialist, advises scrubbing the panties thoroughly with detergents before giving a final wash.
How to Prevent Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Check the sugar levels in your blood and urine. Higher levels of sugar can trigger a yeast infection. If that is the case, reduce the intake of carbohydrates and sweets.
- Keep your vaginal area clean and dry. Wear loose-fitting undergarments to enable proper ventilation, as this yeast thrives in prolonged damp and moist conditions.
- Clean your panties, scrubbing it thoroughly and ironing to destroy the growth of yeast.
- The frequent occurrence of this yeast infection may be due to pregnancy or abnormally lowered body immunity system. Get yourself tested for AIDS and consult a doctor. Follow our article on diet control as it can create lots of problems for people with a bad immune system.
- The use of computerized vaginal fungicidal compounds greatly reduces complications but should be used under medical supervision.
- Try a sitz bath by adding salt and vinegar to warm bath water and sitting in a bathtub that spreads your legs wide. Do this for half an hour. Make sure the water level affects your waistline. It will provide relief from the discomfort of the yeast infection.
- Application of yoghurt and honey in the vagina can destroy the multiplication of yeast providing prompt relief from discomfort.
- Try garlic paste, as its antifungal properties are very effective in treating vaginal yeast infection.
- It is better to refrain from sexual intercourse when you are suffering from this infection.
- Dryness and cleanliness of the vaginal area is the most important factor to keep away yeast infections. Synthetic undergarments that restrict airflow must be strictly avoided, and it is better to sleep at night without the panty.